Author Posts

June 2, 2015 at 8:43 am

I have yet to work out how the personal messaging system works on the voice 123 website. There is no apparent link to it on any pay of any page. I received a “reminder” yesterday to check a message from 48 hours ago. I checked that date in my email and nothing showed up telling me I had a message. How are we meant to know a personal message has been sent until you get a reminder two days after the fact with no way of accessing it otherwise? This seems like an absolutely ridiculous system, though it maybe just that it is awkward to access. Please can some attempt be made to make personal messages more accessible. I can’t even find an inbox.

May 4, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Wow. No one has replied in nearly a year, huh? I’ve been frustrated by the same thing. Here’s how it usually goes…

1) I get some kind of Private Message from a client. For instance this morning a person sent one saying, ‘Hey I contacted you some time ago about a project. Well the client is finally ready to begin. Still interested?’

2) I certainly reply, but I want to go back and read what we’d discussed previously. When I search in Mac Mail it indeed finds the name of the person “via Voice123.” But when I click on it it merely leads me back to the most recent Voice123 SmartCast email.

3) I come to the Voice123 site, thinking, “Well they keep track of all the Private Messages I receive; there’s got to be SOME way to view those messages.” But I find none.

Anyone know how to navigate this?

Thanks!

Jonathan

May 9, 2016 at 1:16 am

I am new here at Voice123, but not new to VO or casting sites.  I have to say, this certainly seems like problem that needs to be addressed immediately.  Communication between customer and client needs to be quick and hassle-free!  Am I right?

Peter

January 5, 2017 at 4:15 pm

So, it has been quite sometime and I don’t believe this has been resolved. Does anyone know of a resolution? I’d like to be able to go back and see my Personal Messages but I don’t see any way to do that. Any suggestions?

January 10, 2017 at 6:04 pm

I’m not sure about the “late notification” issue posted by Jasper Brownrigg.

As to Jonathan Lockwood’s frustration with not being able to find older personal messages from a client (to review what was discussed back then), I do have a brute force work-around, although it’s a bit cumbersome:

1. When you reply (or send a new personal message), be sure to check the box at the bottom that says “send a copy of this to my email address on file”, so you have it in your email Inbox.  If you’re not replying, then select and copy the entire message within the Voice123 window, then open up a new email, paste the selection in the body of the message, and send it to yourself to get it to your inbox.

2.  Whatever it takes, make sure the message heading has the client, company, name, etc at the front of the subject line with a date, and archive everything into a folder such as ”V123 personal messages”.  Use sub-folders as needed.

I’ve saved all of my personal messages, both received and sent, in this manner.  Good to have just in case.

Joe “Zunardo” Jankowski             joekatvoiceover@gmail.com           http://www.joekatvoiceover.com

March 11, 2017 at 3:55 am

I’ve never had a problem with the messaging feature, and perhaps this is why: in my reply, I include a signature block, like so:

Mike Paul

Voice Actor

http://www.speakingofmike.com

mike@speakingofmike.com

(my cell phone number)

More often than not, though, I find that producers include their contact info as well in the note. If that’s the case, I don’t reply using the Voice123 system, instead hit Reply to that email, remove the @voice123.com“>noreply@voice123.com address and replace it with the potential client’s email address, and compose/send my message from there. Hope that helps.