Friendly, upbeat, professional, character voices
My voice is tenory, friendly, warm, and professional. I've done work for e-Learning and presentation voice overs for adult learners and recordings for corporate introductions and overviews - with a bright, professional (and serious and somber where applicable) tone that reinforces learning and keeps participants focused. I am comfortable recording at tone and can take direction and criticism.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - Australian
• English - USA and Canada
• English - Other
• French - European
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Virginia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I also enjoy performing with accents in English - southern US, midwestern, Australian, Irish, New York, Beatle-esque liverpudlian, Pakistani and Russian accented English.
With a background in French, I can also read copy en français in a standard Parisian French accent, and Spanish as well. Impersonation talents include Kermit the Frog, Bill Clinton, Bill Cosby, Marlon Brando a la Vito Corleone, Jimmy Stewart, and a strangely accurate "speak-and-spell" text-to-speech voice I perform when inhaling (similar to Stephen Hawking's voice synthesizer).
My Voice Experience
I have provided voiceovers to a wide range of e-Learning/online training narration projects. Training topics range from business continuity, finances, identity theft, regulations and compliance, and project management. I bring a friendly, yet confident and serious sound to these projects, with a strong understanding of how to apply inflection, pace, volume, and emphasis to these scripts. I believe my day-job work in the e-Learning arena gives me a major advantage, as I know how to work with instructional designers to achieve the audio that compliments learning objectives.
I have performed in few stage productions, and voiced some backstage narrations as part of some productions. I have announced basketball games, as well.
I have two years of experience in college radio - one show for music, another a talk show I co-hosted. I have recorded public service announcements (PSA) and promos with content ranging from the sensitive (i.e. social issues like disease prevention, depression) to environmental awareness to home safety. Other opportunities have included commercials with a bright, happy sound.
University chorale and vocal courses, 2 College radio shows, 2 barbershop quartets, many chorale groups - chorale, community chorus, and 8 member chamber group, stage acting experience in plays and musicals, self-paced training and practice
As listed above - opportunities on a weekly basis to perform voiceovers for e-Learning courses (for multiple organizations).
Vocals and guitar recording via professional recording software and microphone equipment
My Studio Equipment
My home studio includes...
Microphones and sound recording hardware:
- Behringer B-1 condenser microphone
- Behringer Eurorack UB1002 mixer
- audio-technica AT2020 USB
- audio-technica AD700 Headphones
- Delta 1010LT
- stage and tabletop mic stands
- pop filter
- PC: Dell Studio, Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300, 2.5GHz, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHZ
- Laptop: Dell Inspiron 1545 64-bit OS Win 7, 3 GB, Pentium Dual-Core T4400 2.2 Ghz
Experienced with the following audio software:
- Adobe Audition
- Magix Samplitude
- Can perform post-processing; use of audio plugins, compression, effects and music, audio extraction from video
- Have also recorded other voiceover artists with professional equipment
- Wrote scripts as an instructional designer
- Conduct presentations on use of Learning Management Systems in training
- Edited and proofread radio announcements
- Experience with classroom training and public speaking
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Eric Benson by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Eric Benson is a Standard subscriber.
Eric Benson does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Eric Benson was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Eric Benson does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Eric Benson was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.