A versatile, expressive, sincere, friendly voice.
• Doug Williams is registered with Voice123 since Jun 02, 2004.
• Doug Williams started his/her voice over career in 1979.
• Currently Doug Williams is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Doug Williams was last active on Voice123 266 days ago
I can deliver anything from warm, friendly, trusting or caring reads to frantic, crazy, happy, excited reads. If you need smooth and professional for, say, a medical or educational narration or if you just need the guy next door, these deliveries are in my repertoire. Characters and impressions are available as well. In fact, characters voices are among my favorites.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Female
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
English, Irish, Scottish, various New York dialects, New England, Southern, Russian, various German.
My Voice Experience
Doug's voice over career began in 1979 and he's been going strong ever since. He's done everything from cartoon characters to narrations to movie trailers. Though the list is far too vast to include everything, here are a few of the clients who have chosen Dougs distinctive voice to represent their companies over the years: TBS, Turner Home Entertainment, Cartoon Network, CNN, Delta Airlines, Pike Family Nurseries, Lockheed Aircrafts Paris International Air Show presentation, Burger King, Atlanta Falcons, Diebold, Cotton States Insurance, Special Olympics, IBM. Siemens, Bell South, McDonalds, Lake Lanier, Richs Dept. Stores, Popeyes Chicken, AIWA, Clorox Co STP 2003 marketing campaign roll out, Diamond Resorts (Polo Towers, Las Vegas), and Interval International the list goes on. Doug also worked for ten years in local radio in the metro-Atlanta area.
Formal training is from Elkins Institute School of Broadcasting. But Doug's excellent ear for voices, characters and impressions has been the major tool for cultivating his vast skills in voice-acting throughout his twenty-five year career. His distinctive, voice makes him a highly desirable voice talent.
My Studio Equipment
Neumann U87 microphone; Audio Technica 4033 microphone, Roland VS880 hard disk digital recorder; Vision Desktop Computer with Vegas Pro audio and video editing software for mastering. Empirical Labs Distressor; Mackie 1202 VLZ Pro mixer; Symetrix TI 101 Telephone Interface to enable any client to direct their session via telephone. Other assorted outboard gear.
Creating a "custom character" for a client's specific needs is one of Doug's favorite challenges.
Doug is a script writer and producer as well as a musician. He worked for five years as chief copywriter and producer in the marketing department of Atlanta's The Music Network. For that company, he created dozens of fully produced spots, writing the scripts, writing and performing the background music and doing the voice over, all produced and recorded in his personal studio.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Doug Williams by email or phone, please click here.