Character Specialist, Multiple Dialects
• Douglas Aikin is registered with Voice123 since May 28, 2012.
• Douglas Aikin started his/her voice over career in 1990.
• Currently Douglas Aikin is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Douglas Aikin was last active on Voice123 357 days ago
My voice can be used in a myriad of projects. I range from simple, blue-collar working class for a gruff and rugged delivery-to appeal to the every man, to a snobbish, upper-class, cosmopolitan-type to attract a more sophisticated audience. My vocal range is broad for VO's and singing: a 3-4 octave range, encompassing a Baritone up through a 1st Alto Range. I have several voices I can utilize: a warm radio voice for narration and product spokesman; an upbeat young voice for commercials; a clean and smooth voice for making presentations with precise diction and tone clarity; various characters and dailects that can be used for color or characterizations.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
My Home Base
Alta Loma, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accents: Working-Class brogue & Lucky Charms Leprechan Irish, Scottish knight-think Braveheart, British Royalty, High-Class-"James Bond," Brittish Cockney, Austrailian-"Crocodile Dundee," and "Steve Irwin," French-"Maurice Chevalier," young Frenchman, Russian Cossack, KGB Soldier, Asian-Kung-Fu theater voice, Italian-pizza man. Dialects: Southern/Western, Southern/Aristocrat, New York/Bronx, New York/Cabbie-type, Boston dialect, California Beach-Bum/Surfer type.
Impersonations: Forrest Gump, Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cagney, JFK, Nixon, Jimmy Carter, Henry Fonda, Humphrey Bogart, James Mason, Jack Nicholson, Don Adams, Peter Lorre, Walter Brennan.
Characterizations: Fat Albert, Yogi Bear/Boo-Boo, Winnie-The-Pooh/Rabbit/Tigger, Mickey Mouse, Squidward/Patrick of SpongeBob, pirate.
My Voice Experience
1990-Solis Investment Group/Spokeman VO-TV, 1991-Sleep N' Den/Spokesman-TV, 2008-2009 Corona Pirate Festival/Pirate-TV, 2009-Corona Renaissance Festival/English Minstrel-TV, 2008-Don's Auto/Animated Car-TV, various other local commercial work.
1997-2001-Indio National Date Festival-Announcer/M.C.
B.S.in Telecommunications-COD and ORU/Drama Emphasis; Voice/Diction Classes, Acting I-5 Classes, Music Theater, lead in several musicals.
Lent Vocals in Lead and as Back-Up in several groups on many different stages, Musical Theater-lead roles, Backup for Barry Manilow/Suzanne Somers
Peggy Shaffer-TV Workshop, Ron Yates-Vocal Talent Training, Samantha Paris-Vocal Acting/Studio Training,
Coloring Your Voice-Tom Pinto
My Studio Equipment
I have access to a suite with a 12-track mixing console, and After Effx sound editor with professional studio monitors.
Unknown - Click here to ask Douglas Aikin
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Douglas Aikin by email or phone, please click here.