Wide ranging, bright & friendly, attitude, cartoon
Warm and friendly, Bright & upbeat, Deep & authoritative, Wry with an attitude, Caring & empathetic, Smooth & polished depending on copy and intended use. I have also developed through the years a wide range of cartoon character voicings.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
My Home Base
, Massachusetts, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
As a Cape Cod washashore born in Yonkers, most people have marveled at their inability to detect a regional accent in my every day speech. Yet, I can just as easily deliver a New York accent (of the "Yo, chief" variety) turning on a dime to become an anchorman, or someone "Southern", "British" or "Irish". In fact, I once went out on a date while in England (with a London native) and had her convinced I was born in London. I also adore cartoons (from Mel Blanc classics, to Rocky & Bullwinkle and through to today's Simpons-led TV resurgence). If a project calls for an imaginative cartoon voice, I have the background to call upon and the experience to deliver.
My Voice Experience
While growing up, while most kids were casually watching the shows, I was listening to the voices; from movies, to news shows, and - yes - ads, I grew up absorbing the sounds and dialects. At Fordham University, I worked for WFUV where I anchored a weekly news broadcast, filled in for music DJ's, and performed comedy skits with other staff. Once I graduated, I took 5 years of professional voice lessons (with a PhD from the Manhattan School of Music) to help my singing, but it was also heavily based on enunciation. For the rest of my life, I was always behind a mike. While working with the Federal Government, I wrote and did voice overs (on major New York radio outlets) for dozens of auction ads. Once I moved the family to Cape Cod, I continued to brach out. I have done numerous political commercials (both on radio for others and on cable for myself), I have recorded newsletters for the blind for nearly a decade, performed PSA's for 501(c)(3)'s and been featured as charachter voices in theater soundesigns. I have reached a point in my life where I would like to concentrate more on using my voice. Relialable, talented voiceovers!
* Voice Over Class with Andy Roth
* BA Fordham University with Minor in Communications
* Staff WFUV-FM 1970 - 1973; Regular News Anchor 2 Years
* 5 Years Voice Lessons with Dr Paul Eisler (PhD, Head of Voice Dept, Manhattan School of Music) and two Masters Students at Manhattan School of Music
* Musician/Singer with own Band for 25 Years
* Helped build and initiate operation of Peter Stirpe Studios, Westchester
* Musician/Singer various Recording Studio Productions
My Studio Equipment
* PC-based recording via Sennheiser 421 mike (numerous other shure and sennheisers), Lexicon Alpha mixer, Cubase and Audacity Software (available on two home studio based PC's and one Laptop with Vista Premium.
* Analogue recording via Mackie 16 channel board, Tascam and Dokorder multi-sync reel to reel decks and MD recorders
Unknown - Click here to ask Donald Howell
Payment Methods Accepted
To contact Donald Howell by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Donald Howell is a Standard subscriber.
Donald Howell does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Donald Howell was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Donald Howell does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Donald Howell was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.