Warm, wry, intelligent narrator
Unknown - Click here to ask Diana Cherkas
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
My Home Base
New York, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
A native New Yorker, I can perform authentic, area-specific accents: Queens, Brooklyn, Long Island, northern New Jersey.
Accents from my time abroad:
I spent some time studying in England, have performed a variety of British accent in numerous on camera and live projects over the years, from Standard British to Cockney.
Studying in Moscow for a time, I spoke Russian and can perform in a flawless Russian accent.
My Voice Experience
My primary focus is narration and industrials. I am currently narrating news article podcasts for major outlets (such as Mic, Lifehacker, Mashable, and Bustle), delivering complete tracks from my home studio.
I started in animation voiceovers as a child, voicing Lisa in The Red Shoes, with Ossie Davis narrating, and have done a smattering of animation voiceovers throughout the years, including recording three different characters for The Adventures of Charlie Black, an audio comic book series.
I studied acting, including voice and speech, at Performing Arts High School and the Moscow Art Theatre.
My bachelor's degree is from Georgetown, in Management, with a concentration on Information Systems. I am very comfortable with business and technical jargon.
I am also experienced in the pharmaceutical industry, having worked as a medical copy editor. As such, I am very comfortable with medical jargon.
My Studio Equipment
My home studio is equipped with a Shure mic. The narration demo you on this profile was recorded and mixed in that studio space, with the current setup/equipment, so you can hear the quality of the recording space.
I am a copywriter and copy editor. My corporate background has provided me the ability to write very succinct business copy. Time in the sketch comedy world has given me the ability to write casual, humorous copy. I'm also happy to tweak existing copy if desired.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
To contact Diana Cherkas by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Diana Cherkas is a Standard subscriber.
• Diana Cherkas was last active on Voice123 98 days ago