Bubbly, warm, formal, silly, authoritative,
For commercials, I can deliver authoritative, formal, as well as zany, fun, and dry.
For presentations, training, and documentaries, I can deliver a professional, commanding, yet warm performance.
For narrations, my voice characterizations include warm, sexy, and lively.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
My Home Base
, Maryland, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accents I perform easily are southern and midwestern ones such as Oklahoma, Texas, and Georgia. Can also perform African-American accents from both north and south United States. Can deliver a James Brown scream. Can do 'lite' Jamaican and Bermudian accents.
My Voice Experience
I began my voice over career as a radio/tv/film major at the University of Oklahoma, where I got the opportunity to write and record public service announcements and commercials for the student affairs division. I continued honing my skills through public relations work for other colleges and small to mid-level companies throughout the US. I later transitioned out of public relations into the performing arts. Because I am able to sing nearly all styles of music really well (except for rap, classical, and heavy metal), I jumped at the opportunity to sing jingles. After many years, I got the opportunity to work in radio AND as a performing artist at night. In an overseas market, I worked in radio, holding down an am drive time shift, which gave me the opportunity to not only dee jay and present, but to write copy for commercials, & work as talent to sing and voice over those commercials. Some of my past clients include the Bermuda Ministry of Tourism (the Bermuda Jazz Festival 1999 and 2001), AT&T, The Yellow Pages, The Marketplace and Crisson's Jewelry (an exclusive) in Bermuda.
Entertainer - Self-employed since 1989.
Performed in bands of various sizes, including a 10 piece wedding/party band, and a jazz orchestra.
The LoVetri Method – Somatic VoiceWorkTM
Towson University - Theatre, Towson, MD
Bermuda School of Music - Voice- Janet Budden; Wales, UK
The Hollywood Actors Studio, Los Angeles - Acting w/Jill Donnellan
Singing for a Living Studios, Los Angeles - Marta Woodhull
Highline College - Musical Theatre/Jazz Seattle, WA
Paul Robeson Theatre School - Music Theatre - Seattle WA
University of Oklahoma - Radio/Television/Film Major
Radio, Television, & Film
Deejay/On-air personality, Mix 106 DeFontes Broadcasting, Bermuda
Baby Wait - Boss, Moving Target Productions
Bermuda Grace - Extra, NBC/Paramount Pictures
A Shock to the System - Extra, Universal Casting, New Jersey
Cadillac Man - Extra, Universal Casting, New Jersey
Norman Cable News - Field reporter, Norman, OK
Tulsa Public Schools - student reporter, Tulsa, OK
My Studio Equipment
Yamaha YPG 625 Keyboard
2 Shure SM 58 mics; 1 EV Co9 mic
Tascam DP-004 recorder
extensive sound library
KoFestival of Theatre – at Amherst College – July 2008
Created and taught a weeklong workshop on cabaret performance
Towson University - Spring 2007, Spring 2008, Spring 2009 semesters
• Acting for non-majors
• Musical Theatre Performance I
• Community Outreach in Theatre with the Enoch Pratt Library and The Baltimore City Public Schools
Community College of Baltimore County, MD – Adjunct Faculty, Continuing Education Division, 2007 –
• Introduction to Musical Theatre for children and adults.
• Private Voice Lessons for teens and adults based on the SomaticVoicework(sm) method.
The Greenmount School, Baltimore, MD – Spring and Fall 2007
• Graduate assistantship - Team taught arts integration/theatre for elementary school students.
Victor Scott Primary School, Bermuda - Performing Arts Coordinator & Teacher, September 2004 - June 2006.
• Developed performing arts curriculum.
• Arranged scheduling and delivery of Theatre Education for students at a K-5 school.
• Produced and directed two major shows each school year.
• Coordinated additional 'informances' throughout the academic year.
• Taught five creative drama and six music classes weekly.
• Directed, rehearsed, and selected repertoire for school choir.
• Supervised Performing Arts Academy staff and instructors.
• Faculty sponsor for spirit corps.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Wire transfers
To contact Deletta Gillespie by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Deletta Gillespie is a Standard subscriber.
Deletta Gillespie does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Deletta Gillespie was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Deletta Gillespie does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Deletta Gillespie was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.