Guy Next Door, Character specialist
• David Mau is registered with Voice123 since Jan 30, 2009.
David Mau does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
David Mau was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
• David Mau started his/her voice over career in 2004.
• Currently David Mau is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
David Mau does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. David Mau was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Best described as warm and deep for narrations, also high energy for sporting events and other events.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - Australian / NZ
• English - British
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Folsom, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accents would include British, Australian,Southern United States. Characters include an old prospector (Gabby Hayes), Surfer "Dude", Shakesperian Actor, Snobish British Gentleman,backwoods man(Larry The Cable Guy type).
My Voice Experience
It started with a music career that developed into this voice-over thing. Met a friend that worked in local radio who tuned me onto the world of V.O.'s. That turned into me doing liners for the station and some music beds. Some of the jobs that this opportunity led to were as follows:
Naturewood Furniture- 2005 (High energy)
KHTK Radio-2007,2008 (British, high energy,smooth)
Northern California Honda- 2008 (Smooth, British)
C.M.A.P.community access T.V.(S.F.Bay Area) 2009 (Narrative,British)
Most of my training comes from life experience as a traveling musician and having a microphone in my hand. However I did take a class in voice-over techniques, and another one in media production.
My Studio Equipment
I have an extensive studio in my home. I have been doing music production for T.V. and movie soundtracks for some time. I have a PC studio so the operating system I use is Sonar, from Cakewalk; interface is with 24-bit Presonus, Microphone is powered by TubePre(an actual tube,for warmth). Finished product can be formatted to Mp3,Mp4, or 5.1 Surround.
Again, with my background in music, I can offer music beds with the V.O.'s, or can sing anything. Most voice-over guys I bet can't say that!
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact David Mau by email or phone, please click here.