Warm, believable, Strong, Authoritative, friendly
• Dave Simmons is registered with Voice123 since May 03, 2006.
• Dave Simmons started his/her voice over career in 1970.
• Currently Dave Simmons is a Premium subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 191
• Dave Simmons has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours
I'm a voice actor with 42 years of experience. I have
a rich, warm, real-person style but can also be strong and convincing. I am a solid narrator for corporate, military, aviation, medical and industrial projects. I also do over 35 different characters and celebrity voices as well as many different accents such as English, German, Russian and Indian.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
South Lyon, Michigan, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Oxford English, great for narrations and upscale products, Hindi, for multiple uses, Russian and Europeon,
again, very useful for narrations, historial accounts, etc. Hispanic, Asian,and French (Commercials and historial clips)
My Voice Experience
I am a professional voice actor with 42 years of experience,including 23 years in radio working for ABC and Westinghouse. I've worked for all the major car companies in Detroit. I have also worked for many medical establishments such as Henry Ford Hospital
and Geisinger Health Systems, Huron Valley Hospital, Lewisburg Cancer Center, Pfizer and Schering-Plough. I'm a solid documentary narrator as well. I am the narrator
on "Discoving Secrets of the Vatican" and also, "Fishing
Boat Tordenskjord", for PBS.
After I graduated from Broadcast school, I worked locally in Pennsylvania radio. and in 5 years, went to work for ABC at WRIF and later, Westinghouse at WLLZ radio in Detroit as Production Director. I wrote and produced spots and presentations as well as branching out into freelance voice over work very early on. Voice over jobs very quickly became my dominant income and I left radio in the early '90's. I voice coached for ten
years as well. I now do voice over work all over the world.
My Studio Equipment
Pro Tools recording plus Sound Deluxe E-47 tube mic, fired by a Universal Audio 6176 tube amp. I have phone patch and can send WAV, AIFF or mp3 files, online in a
matter of minutes as well as editing the project.
I was a voice coach for those just starting out as well as others who want to
improve their craft or who want to transition from radio into voice overs. Having a great voice is only a start. The most important thing is your ability to act and interp copy. If you can't, you're as marketable as a nice looking car with no steering wheel.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Dave Simmons by email or phone, please click here.