Authoritative, friendly. Warm and real.
• Darryl Wood is registered with Voice123 since Dec 20, 2006.
• Darryl Wood started his/her voice over career in 1983.
• Currently Darryl Wood is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Darryl Wood was last active on Voice123 324 days ago
My voice is described by man as authoritative, crisp and articulate. It is deep, resonant and attention grabbing, which is perfect for everything from life insurance ads, to industrial films. Still, it can be intense, warm, inviting and friendly; great for movie trailers and all kinds of commercial advertising. My flexible intonation is well suited for audio book reads, art kiosks, calls on hold or baby food commercials.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Unknown - Click here to ask Darryl Wood
My Voice Experience
I've done voice over announcing since my college days, when fellow students would draft me to do the show intros, tags and ads. Before that I did long form narration and recitation for plays and public events from the age of about 10-years old.
Professionally, I have done industrial talent work; radio broadcasting; telethons; radio and television newscasting and documentaries. My work has been broadcast on national television and around the world for such organizations as the Children's Miracle Network and The European Broadcast Union. Corporate clients include General Motors, General Mills, Chrysler, and the Public Broadcasting Service.
I have a double major from Wayne State University in Broadcast Communication Arts and Sociology.
My professional career spans over 25-years. I've worked in front of the cameras for television as a spokesperson, journalist and on-camera host. I've also done many radio and television ads and promos as well as radio newscasting.
I hold numerous honors including 7 National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Emmy awards for excellence in broadcasting.
My Studio Equipment
The heart of my system is an A-M-D chip based CPU connected to the Direct Pro Personal Digital System (Aardvark break out box with dynamic and XLR mic connectors; pristine pre-amps and phantom power for condenser microphones and MIDI ins/outs); Mogami cabling; Marshal Condenser Microphones; KRK Rokit 8 mid-field monitors; Optimus near field mini-monitors; dual record and edit monitor stack (Viewsonic); Samplitude 10 Pro audio sequencing for main recording and editing; Adobe Audition 3 and Sonar 7 sequencers for music, effects and audio sweetening.
I'm highly computer literate. I built my voice over studio, including the computers that I use to record, edit and mix my audio.
I self-produced an audio book as a professional exercise to sharpen my skills as a recording and mixing pro.
I'm unrelenting in my drive to deliver a top flight, technically superior, yet aesthetically pleasing product to my clients.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Darryl Wood by email or phone, please click here.