wry, humorous, character, friendly, guy next door
• Darren Marlar is registered with Voice123 since Jun 24, 2005.
• Darren Marlar started his/her voice over career in 1990.
• Currently Darren Marlar is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 1
• Darren Marlar was last active on Voice123 52 days ago
Wry (dry yet humorous voice over): Similar to the Geico "what happened to the middleman" kind of presentation. You can almost hear the smirk.
Upbeat and friendly (guy next door): More conversational, talking one-on-one with the listener. "Voice Acting" is more prevalent.
Announcer: Good for on hold messages, greetings voice mail, long-form voiceover jobs (industrial, educational, instructional), radio voice work (station imaging for AC, Country, Christian), as well as conversational radio spots that need a believable voice.
Dark: Lower vocal registry, gravel, hard-core biker character voice. Good for commercial voice-overs that needs lots of attitude with a deep voice.
Accents: English, mob-style Italian, midwest, middle-eastern, southern U.S.
Old man #1 (hoarse voice)
Old man #2 (crackling voice)
Elf (cartoonish high voice)
Santa (deep, warm)
Clyde (cartoonish medium with unique sound)
Gruffy (cartoonish gruff voice)
Pokey (cartoonish monotone voice)
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Chicago, Rockford, Janesville, Freeport, Aurora, Illinois, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
American, English, New York Italian
My Voice Experience
Voice artist since 1990. Conversational, humorous, believable "guy next door" voice. Great for believable characters that require acting chops as well as announcer roles where an authentic, conversational, or humorous read is needed.
For the more unique projects I have a lower-range gravelly voice, a robust Santa Claus, a cartoonish elf-like voice, etc.
I do a lot of voice acting on a variety of websites, playing roles like Hal Jordan (Green Lantern), a werewolf, a Vulcan doctor, Frosty the Snowman, and numerous other roles.
Professional voice artist since 1990. Actor since 1980, appearing in theatrical plays, musicals, TV commercials, TV shows, and movies. Also a professional stand-up comedian. His complete and updated resume can be downloaded on the CONTACT page of his website.
My Studio Equipment
Home studio which includes an MXL USB.006 microphone, plus a MacBook Pro running ADOBE AUDITION. This allows me to work from anywhere in the world when I'm on the road and still give stellar results. I can deliver files as MP3 or WAV via email, FTP site, or YouSendIt.
Known by most as a stand-up comedian, Darren Marlar is also an actor, voice artist, and radio broadcast veteran with over two decades of experience in voiceover work, script writing, and audio production of radio spots and station imaging. Darren currently is the writer and voice of "Darren's Daily Dose of Weird News" which can be heard on his website and is broadcast on several radio stations across the U.S.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Darren Marlar by email or phone, please click here.