Deep, resonant voice; great narration; dry humor
I have a deep, rich voice (I sing low bass), which works especially well for narrations. Having been raised in the midwest, I have very little (if any) regional accent. Further, my reading is very clear, which would work well in presentations.
My training in speech and drama enables me to execute dramatic readings very well, and I have a great sense of humor and can covey that through my voice (especially through the use of strategic pauses and intonation).
Past vocal coaches have told me that I have a warm voice that instills trust.
So...narrations? Documentaries? Commercials for non-FDA approved toothpastes that make audacious claims about their whitening power? Yeah -- I can do that.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
My Home Base
, Illinois, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I do a great impersonation of Jimmy Stewart, can mimic Garrison Keillor, and have, on occasion, done impressions of Hank Hill (i.e. King of the Hill).
As for accents, about the only one I feel confident about is a Russian accent. I've been learning Russian for the past few years, and while I cannot speak fluently, I can pull off English with a Russian accent.
My Voice Experience
I've been speaking, narrating, reciting, performing, and emceeing for years. It seems that I'm continually asked to do stuff like that, partly because I'm not afraid of speaking in front of large groups, but mostly because I never shut up. Well, almost never...a guy's gotta eat and sleep sometimes.
Anyway, here's a list of related experience:
1. Two-time Iowa All-State speech contest winner
2. Member of the 1992 Iowa All-State choir
3. Several leading roles in high school plays/musicals
4. "Outstanding Student in Government" winner
1. Member of the college theater company
2. Comedy writer for the college TV station
3. College radio station DJ for four years
4. Emcee (two years) for a local beauty pageant
1. Numerous readings and narrations (primarily for events and programs at my church)
2. Narrated the tutorials for BP's dealer-focused training CD
3. Voiceover for web commercial (Wilson Jones "Capture Card" product)
I'm currently being coached by a professional voice actor in my area, and I've also had a lot of related classes over the years.
During high school (so long ago), I was active in speech and drama classes, as well as Model United Nations, which provided training on public speaking and improvisation. I took drama classes in college, in addition to many speech-related classes, as part of my major in Communication. I also participated in numerous training courses on presentation and public speaking, while managing internal communication and community affairs for BP.
Most recently, I participated in a seminar focused on getting started in voiceovers. Since then, I have taken numerous voiceover webinars from various internet sites.
My Studio Equipment
I use a Blue Microphones Bluebird, connected to a PreSonus USB interface. Recording and mixing completed using Audacity, running on a Windows PC.
In addition to my vocal talents, I have a wealth of education and experience in marketing and advertising. I have an MBA with specializations in marketing, strategy, and technology from Kellogg, and have held numerous marketing positions over the past 13 years with BP Petroleum Products, Google, and Navistar.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
To contact Dan Dykstra by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Dan Dykstra is a Standard subscriber.
Dan Dykstra does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Dan Dykstra was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Dan Dykstra does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Dan Dykstra was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.