smooth sophisticated legendary character dialects
General character: Bass to baritone, warm yet professional, fatherly, smooth and convincing
Commercial, Presentation and Narrative voices
Character voices: Movie and TV, book and narrative
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer translation services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Colorado, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Fluent foreign on demand; sophisticated, debonaire, European, U.S North American, German and germanic, U.K. British and Irish, Russian and slavic. I worked and resided for 20+ years in central Europe and I speak fluent, accent free German as well as various dialects of German.
A voice with allure, the "interesting foreigner", speaking and expressing a voice of the desired but unknown contact. I can produce a foreign lilt teetering between common U.S. or U.K. english with a "something foreign" character. Utilizable as a indicator of a definable character, identification or as something calling up a xenophobic angst; dangerous or even threatening if necessary. Think "Bond villain".
Shakespearean as it is referred to here in the states. I also specialize and can advise on the "historical" voice types of Mediaeval, Renaissance and Baroque Europe. I spent many years of my life performing in these live stage scenes.
Having grown up in Oklahoma, I am quite able to do slow "west to old western" dialects including Oklahoma, Texan, Nebraskan, Coloradan, etc.
My Voice Experience
Movie, TV, Stage and Commercial experience. I have performed live and recorded in Europe and the U.S.A. My experience has been double edged encompassing both corporate-commercial and performance oriented work:
- First stage work dates back to 1985 to university live stage performances.
- First live outdoor historical performance work started in 1991 and continues to today.
- First commercial VO took place in 1999. I am training and refining my VO capabilities now here in the U.S.
- First TV appearances started in 1996 in Germany working in historical settings for ZDF, SWR, HR and other TV production houses.
- First movie appearances began in 2005. As recently as 2012 I starred in a short film currently running the International Film Festival Circuit. The film was shot in Austrian-German, German-German and English and set in WWII. My role spoke the German dialects fluently and broken english during an interrogation.
I worked in Marketing in the international corporate arena at board level for Linotype-Hell AG, Canon Germany, and the German-American Chamber of Commerce. I am trained and practiced in product, project and board level communications, PR and Presentation. My company serviced International Fortune 500 company as clients from 1996 to 2010 providing modern and historical setting events and training. I have worked in multi-lingual, multi-cultural international environments for most of my business career.
• Double B.A. Germanic Languages and Literatures / University of Colorado, Boulder, U.S.A.
• Exchange Student YFU 1981-82, University Exchange Student 1984-86 University of Regensburg, Germany
• Various Professional Marketing and Product Management Presentation Trainings 1990 - 1996 in Germany.
• Acting training (English) 1984-1986, University of Regensburg, Germany (RUPS-Regensburg University Players) - Classical Acting Training with Performance in English, Vocal Projection training for live performance.
• Actors workshops in Germany, 1992-1994, Various / Kronberger Players
• Stage Training in "Emotional Projection on Stage" 1994 State Stage of Siegen, Germany (dealt also with emotional projection with voice)
Historical Public Theater: 1991-2006
(Medieval Market stages and Tournaments in Germany)
• Training through performance: Vocal projection in outdoor settings
• Training through performance: Vocal projection in performance from horseback
• Training through performance: Vocal projection under duress - speaking during stage combat.
My Studio Equipment
Sound Recording Studio includes:
• Tascam DR 100-MKII Digital Recorder with XLR
• AKG C1000S Studio Microphone (XLR)
• AudioTechnica AT4033a Transformerless Capacitor Studio Microphone (XLR)
• EuroRack MX802a 8 Channel Mixer board
• MacBook Pro with various software including:
• Adobe Audition CC
• StudioOne 2
• Older version of Avid ProTools
• Casio WK-200 Digital Workstation Keyboard
• Stands and Cable
• Pop Shield
• Sound dampened recording booth - self built
• Microphone Boom
• Phone Patch (new)
Also: Video Studio is also equipped for Standard Definition Video Production:
Adobe Creative Suite Software
Sony DVCAM DSR200AP Videocam - EuroPAL Format
Beginning German for speakers of English Series (52 two minute clips) / Production by eHow.com and released to YouTube: To find and view- Search "Legends Consulting Dan Cheatham" and one can find the YouTube videos. Quality of the production was "medium" and the concept was freeform, ie. not scripted, but filmed in my studio in HD. Voice is natural, unedited speech explaining the basics of German to a general public.
My company, Legends Consulting is now developing more such videos designed at a higher end professional business and commercial market in a higher quality and subtitled.
Multiple European Languages are forseen in the production.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Dan Cheatham by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Dan Cheatham is a Premium subscriber.
• Dan Cheatham has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours