Strong, soothing, assuring, humorous, edgy, funny
My voice is rich and strong, full bodied with strong resonance, deep, soothing, and warm for narrations. It can be rough, edgy, and masculine, or fun, enthusiastic, and upbeat for commercial products.
Presentations are enhanced with precise diction and the professionalism of a lawyer, doctor, or CEO. I have a very friendly voice which helps people trust and can add a humorous tone which brings about a smile.
I will give you many different takes, in a short time. Everything from the shortest commercial, to phone messages, to narration, to audio-books; all of this is very rewarding and enjoyable work for me. I encourage you to listen to my demos.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Scottish, German, accents.
Character specialist: Wizard of Oz Lion "King of the Forest", Nerd, bully, teddy bear, animals
My Voice Experience
I began my career in the music business in the mid 1960's singing in folk groups The New Christy Minstrels and Take Five. Later I went into full-time ministry using my gifts of music and voice. I was a secular DJ and Christian talk-show host on the radio in Honolulu and Palm Springs. I have 40 years experience in public speaking, preaching on the beaches, high school events, homes, and churches, along with teaching voice, drama, and choral directing.
* 34 years as an Ordained Lutheran Minister
* 15 years as a national Youth Speaker and Music Leader in the Lutheran Church.
* Contributed to the T.V. Series “Introducing Jesus of Nazareth” by Mosaic (ELCA)
* Recorded 1 solo album and 4 group albums and singing commercials.
* 50 years as a vocal soloist
* Telephone recordings, television interviews and announcements.
* Most Recently wrote, narrated, and produced an audio/book of children stories, "The Adventures of the Dog-Tired Dogs."
* MA in Vocal and Choral from CSUF,and a BA in Religious Studies from CSULB
* MDiv, Berkely GTU, PLTS
* Graduate of the Voices For All Master Class in Los Angeles, CA
My Studio Equipment
Home Studio using Pro Tools (MP3/WAVE/AIFF and CD Overnight)
ADK A51 Microphone
SONY MDRV600 Headphones
In the late 60's I was a pro and semi-pro athlete and use that to speak to college and high school age young people.
I have surfed since 1958 and I use that again to connect with environmental groups and surfers.
I've been playing the guitar since 1958 and continue to use that means for communication.
I've written two dozen lyrics and music that have been recorded and used in various ways, choral and solo.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Chuck Carlson by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Chuck Carlson is a Standard subscriber.
• Chuck Carlson was last active on Voice123 324 days ago