smooth, warm, deep, authoritative, polished
• Carl Akins is registered with Voice123 since Nov 22, 2008.
• Carl Akins started his/her voice over career in 1973.
• Currently Carl Akins is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Carl Akins was last active on Voice123 171 days ago
Professional, smooth, authoritative, warm, polished, commanding and deep announcer... or more "natural" narrator.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Newark Valley, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Muppet-sounding, old men, really deep (Lurch) sounding voice
My Voice Experience
I have been a professional announcer for nearly 40 years. I began in radio as a DJ and held most every position in the business, including news director, news anchor, copy writer, production director, and operations manager. Along with about 19 years in radio, I overlapped 17 years producing voiceovers for commercials at a TV station. Most of this experience took place in the Binghamton, NY, market (WBNG-TV, WEBO/WWWT/WQXT/WENE/WMRV/WINR), as well as at WTKO in Ithaca.
Having written radio commercials for several years, I have a pretty good feel for how copy should be delivered. However, understanding that there is more than one way to read a script, I also take direction well.
I hold a permanent FCC General Radiotelephone License (started as a First Class and converted to the general license) with Radar Endorsement. I also have AAS degrees in electrical engineering technology, telecommunications and computer science (and I'm nearing completion on a computer forensics and security degree). My broadcasting training was all self-taught or learned from mentors in the business. I have recently redirected my efforts to being an independent producer of voiceovers by taking a workshop from Voices For All.
My Studio Equipment
ADK A51 Mk5.1 large diaphragm condenser microphone
Shure 565SD dynamic microphone
Mbox Mini2 interface with Pro Tools
Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro mixer
My wife teaches Physics and Astronomy in college and we both have an active interest in both fields, so I have a good handle on scientific terms. I also recently worked as a technical assistant in the health sciences division of a community college so I can also tackle terms in that area.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Carl Akins by email or phone, please click here.