natural authentic warm actor upbeat calm
A distinctive narrators voice, natural and warm and dramatic. Authoritative but not in an unfriendly way. Also have acting experience and can do comic character voices or rural accents.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, Georgia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Southern, English, New York,
My Voice Experience
Most of career has been spent as a TV feature reporter, mostly with CNN. At CNN narrated several long form, documentary programs in addition to my feature stories. I was valued for my "non-reporter" and "non-announcery" style....often described as everyman. Since CNN I've done several character voices in commercials and narrated a documentary for Georgia Public Broadcasting about the history of Augusta, GA and the Masters Golf Tournament. Have done additional voice over work for Georgia Public Broadcasting including a dynamic opening for their Friday Night Football program - "Football Fridays in Georgia."
a BA degree in Speech and Drama from the Catholic University of America. The rest of my training has been "on the job" during 35 years as a broadcaster. In that time, I always sought to discover my own voice as opposed to imitating others.
As I grew older, that task became simpler. But the bulk of my career has been spent in communications and journalism, always trying to find the most effective way to tell a story and engage an audience both with the written word and with the voice.
My Studio Equipment
I have my own "studio" but thats using the word loosely. I have a Blue Snowball microphone that plugs into my Imac and I record and edit using the Sound Studio audio program. When I record, I erect some temporary soundproofing. . Most clients are fine with the audio quality but some prefer that I record in a professional studio. I anticipate upgrading my microphone and going to the ProTools program
I have some limited skills in Final Cut Pro editing. As a producer and writer, I have a keen understanding of how VO talent needs to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the project.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Bruce Burkhardt by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Bruce Burkhardt is a Standard subscriber.
• Bruce Burkhardt was last active on Voice123 104 days ago