Credible, warm, fun, newsy, storyteller, authority
• Bonnie Optekman is registered with Voice123 since Dec 09, 2008.
• Bonnie Optekman started his/her voice over career in 2007.
• Currently Bonnie Optekman is a Premium subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 14
• Bonnie Optekman was last active on Voice123 4 days ago
Authenticity, authority for live event announces and promos without a heavy announcer style.
Dramatic, warm, sentimental as a narrative storyteller.
Bright, funny for an upbeat promo.
Wry with a touch of schadenfreude for sarcastic promos.
Casual, real-person delivery for commercials.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
My Home Base
New York, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Unknown - Click here to ask Bonnie Optekman
My Voice Experience
I was privileged to be the "Voice of NBC News' Education Nation." I tracked narration for background stories and live announced for the 3 day event. What a thrill.
I'm also the voice of JLTV (Jewish Life Television) a nationwide cable channel.
I write and voice spots for NBC News Radio.
I've done tracks for Dateline at NBC News; narration for Visitors TV Network, an in-room hotel channel featured in major hotels in 17 East Coast cities; local TV & radio commercials; and voiceover work for websites, industrials and a DVD educational series.
Although by day a News executive, I'm returning to my roots with this endeavor.
Theater has always been my passion. Acting and singing lessons were a big part of my life until I switched gears and went into journalism after college.
I want that fun experience back. Some yin to the yang.
Sarah Lawrence College
Hofstra University - BA, Journallism
Graduate studies at NYU
Studied and continue to study with Marla Kirben at Marla Kirban Voice Overs
Studied theater intensively and took vocal classes for 10 years until college graduation. It was during college that I switched from a major in drama to one in Journalism.
My Studio Equipment
I use a Samson microphone and Audacity software at home connected to my PC.
First job was at CBS News, working for Walter Cronkite.
Then produced for a children's news program, "In the News".
Wanting more growth, I went to NYU for graduate work in Information Technology and landed at NBC News where I'm now VP of News Emerging Technologies.
Very involved in the intersection of editorial and technology, I oversee the expansion of NBC News programming to internet connected devices and on-demand delivery.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Bonnie Optekman by email or phone, please click here.