The New Nolan North (Hopefully!)
Flexible, with a large vocal range. Clean, smooth, professional baritone for narrations, audiobooks, presentations, etc., energetic, young for commercials and radio. Trained singer (classical), can do pop, rock, classical, opera, musical theatre. Throat singer (overtone singing)
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Portland, Oregon, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accents/dialects: British (RP), Cockney, Irish, Scottish (stereotypical and realistic), Russian (stereotypical "Soviet Russian" and realistic), Indian (stereotypical and realistic), Mexican (stereotypical), Urban American (Thug?), Southern (Hillbilly and drawl), German (Berliner), French (Parisian, heavy accent), Chinese (Stereotypical), Australian.
My Voice Experience
I did my first voice over as an eight year old for a Coca Cola commercial, though the audio was scrapped and they used adults instead of children. Rejection right off the bat thickened my skin.
I returned to voice over in college, dubbing a scene for a friends' film class. Since then, I've dedicated my time to poetry readings for Voetica.com, a non-profit archiving of classic poetry. My goal is to work in the industry full time, a la Nolan North, one of the most versatile voice talents out there.
Over ten years private vocal training, undergraduate degree in Theatre Arts from CSU, Chico, voice over recording for student films and Voetica.
My Studio Equipment
Interface: Focusrite Forte Premium 2 In, 4 Out Portable USB Interface for Mac and Windows
Microphones: Sennheiser se2200IIa
Sound Dampening: Monoprice 602650 Microphone Isolation Shield
Playback: Sennheiser Collapsible Headphones HD 380 Pro, Black
Misc: On Stage Stands MS7701B Tripod Boom Microphone Stand
Stedman PS101 Metal Pop Filter
Tuvan Throat Singing (Kargyraa, Khoomei, Sygyt)
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Benjamin Day by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Benjamin Day is a Standard subscriber.
• Benjamin Day was last active on Voice123 257 days ago