Baritone, welcoming, character specialist, relaxed
My voice has been described as "warm and authoritative" for organizational presentations and live events. My range is fairly extensive, developed over the course of recording 8 audio books (so far) for Zondervan Publishing and 2 for Iambik.com. The Iambik audiobooks required extensive characterizations; one in a sci-fi genre, the other a murder mystery.
Friends describe what they call "The Voice" as 'welcoming, inviting and relaxed.'
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
My Home Base
Ellijay, Georgia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
English (American or British), Latin (Cuban)
My Voice Experience
I've been recording voice overs in one form or another since beginning my broadcast career in 1975. First radio and then more than 30-years in television, radio and the corporate world. (WVCG Radio '75 / WPLG-TV '76-'93 / KTVM-TV '93-'95 / KMMS-FM '95 - '99 / RightNow Technologies '99-'01 / Strategicom Communications '01-'03)
Since 2003 I've been recording presentations ranging from 30-second commercial spots to 30-minute documentaries and a few multi-hour instructional presentations thrown in!
(Ron Sachs Communications '03-'09) (Freelance 2009-Present)
Have recorded several audio books for Zondervan Publishing and Iambik.com since 2008 and have found this is a genuine passion.
University of South Florida (1971)
BA in Speech with Broadcast emphasis
University of Miami (1973)
MA in American Studies
Emphasis in pop culture and mass media
Journalistic career in radio and TV
Freelance voice and video producer since 2009
My Studio Equipment
MXL 990 microphone and Aphex 20Z multi-channel preamp
Audio Technica USB mic
Process through iMac and Sound Studio 4 and Pro Tools
Adept at copy writing and production. If it's a bad script - I'll let you know it and help you improve it!
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Art Carlson by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Art Carlson is a Standard subscriber.
• Art Carlson was last active on Voice123 359 days ago