Classy, intelligent, clear, approachable and witty
My voice brings the best of British - elegance, intelligence, authority and clarity, with charm, honesty, approachability, and wit. Perfect for commercials for sophisticated products, healthcare, and banks, technical narration, IVR/voice prompts, and audiobooks; and British baddies in cartoons and video games. I love storytelling, whatever the purpose.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer translation services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accents to British english: RP, Cockney, Northern, Scottish, French, German.
I speak very good conversational French, with a hint of a British accent.
My Voice Experience
Voiceover work for Microsoft (in-house presentation), Scion/Toyota (online character), Sacred Heart Children's Hospital (TV Commercial), Cisco (marketing videos), Oracle, Mokafive, and Citrix (online product demos), GE Financial Services (branding video), Sennheiser (trade show intro), technical narration for educational publishers and online telecourses (e.g. for GlaxoSmithKline), marketing narration for real-estate sales (worldwide), and voice prompts for a wide range of businesses.
Three+ years training at Voicetrax in San Francisco with over 200 hours of classes in acting, improv, narration, commercials, animation, dialog, scene study, and self-direction. My extensive experience as a teacher and an editor mean that using words to convey meaning and emotion is second nature to me.
My Studio Equipment
Telos Zephyr Xstream, Grace 101 preamp, Pacific Pro Audio LD-None mic, ProTools, MBox-2 mixer.
I have a PhD in cryptography and a decade of experience editing and developing educational and popular-science books, as well as teaching experience at all levels, and trade/sales presentations. Technical and educational scripts are my forte.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Alice Houston by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Alice Houston is a Premium subscriber.
• Alice Houston was last active on Voice123 6 days ago