Everyman, wry, engaging, authoritative
My career in radio & TV has made me a frequent choice for upbeat, high-energy promo guy; everything from radio promotions to tonight's great comedy lineup on network TV! I can also do funny announcer and big, over-the-top sports announcer or deejay. Can tone it way down to be natural, Average Joe, next door neighbor.
My standup comedy background makes me well-suited for sarcastic and/or snarky, with good timing for humorous reads. I'm authoritative and articulate for presentations/ industrials, clear and engaging for vm/IVR/phone systems.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Illinois, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Passable British, Hindu, Irish
My Voice Experience
I have been telling stories for over 20 years- as a standup comedian, host of my own award-winning radio shows, and as a PBS TV contributor. I've also worked with the WNBA & the NHL (as the arena host for the Chicago Sky & Pittsburgh Penguins, respectively). I have produced and recorded a broad range of audio commercials, and have provided voiceover for various radio/TV promos, as well as narrating documentaries for the Big Ten Network.
Full-time commercial broadcaster since 1995. I've written and performed standup comedy since 1991.
My Studio Equipment
Experience with Pro-Tools, Cool Edit, SAW, and Vegas software.
-Can carry a tune and sing parodies of some contemporary acts as well as comic performances.
-Over a decade of experience with writing/rewriting ad copy and comedy.
-Digital sound editing experience (Cool Edit, Pro Tools, Saw, etc.)
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Alan Cox by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Alan Cox is a Standard subscriber.
• Alan Cox was last active on Voice123 271 days ago