Warm, genuine, comfortable, conversational
Alan's voice is best described as "what Robert Redford would sound like if he did commercial voiceovers." He is also often described as similar to Jeff Bridges. Very warm and inviting, comfortable, genuine, and trustworthy. With years of vo and narration experience, he knows how to deliver what you need. And when appropriate, he can turn on a folksy accent to become the guy sittin' on the porch, tellin' you something you'll appreciate knowin'...much like Sam Elliot. Alan possesses one of the very few voices ever written about in Time Magazine.
Alan is able to provide quick turnaround on rush projects. He is a flexible talent able to offer many variations on a single script. He welcomes and enjoys direction.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
My Home Base
, Alabama, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Southern/country (from genteel to hick), New Englander, French, Indian (Asian).
My Voice Experience
Over 20 years of vo and narration experience, including both local and national spots.
M.A in mass communication, voice coaching by Marice Tobias.
My Studio Equipment
Custom-built studio, Sennheiser 416, BlueTube vacuum preamp, Sony Sound Forge.
Areas of special interest and/or skills: aviation, boating, corporate management, marketing strategy and , execution, medical. Jeff Bridges, Sam Elliot, Robert Redford reads.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Alan Burns by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Alan Burns is a Standard subscriber.
• Alan Burns was last active on Voice123 39 days ago