Character Specialist; Friendly, personable
• Adam McLaughlin is registered with Voice123 since Mar 12, 2011.
• Adam McLaughlin started his/her voice over career in 2010.
• Currently Adam McLaughlin is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 1
• Adam McLaughlin has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours
My "neutral" tone of voice can be described as friendly and personable, ideal for commercial spots or anything requiring a personal touch. My narrative work typically comes off as confident and knowledgeable, and somewhat "bookish" and intellectual.
I excel at character acting, and can be quite versatile, with a wide and diverse vocal range. Characterizations include:
Guy Next Door
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
• English - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• TV shows and movies
• Adult content
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
San Diego, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I can competently perform many accents, including:
English/British (Cockney, upper class)
American Southern (Cowboy, Prospector)
My Voice Experience
I have received extensive training in traditional acting and have taken part in several local productions and been generally well-received for my range of characterization and emotive ability.
I currently work as an IT Help Desk technician for Cubic Defense Applications, and as a result of my countless hours spent on the phone, have earned much praise for the friendliness and professionalism I convey.
I'm also currently the voice over talent for video Windows tutorials produced by the IT Department at Cubic, in which I guide users through the ins and outs of Windows as a gruff but generally helpful pirate.
I've taken (and excelled in) advanced acting classes throughout middle school, high school, and college, and participated in numerous summer programs as well.
I've received training from Dru Scott, an excellent professional voice over instructor, in San Diego.
I have a B.A. in Multimedia Arts from San Diego State University.
My Studio Equipment
Shure PG42 Condenser Microphone with pop filter
MBox (3rd generation) with Pro Tools LE
I have extensive knowledge of computers, with ten years of experience as an IT Help Desk technician.
I'm a voracious reader, with an insatiable interest in, and generalized knowledge of, history, art, language and literature. I often read to myself aloud, and feel this has given me a good "feel" for how text is best conveyed through the spoken word.
I'm also an avid video gamer, and am woefully aware of how much substandard voice quality there is to be found in many video games. I know what works and what doesn't!
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Adam McLaughlin by email or phone, please click here.