Mature, Caring, African American, Grandmother, Pro
I have a mature, somewhat gravelly, voice of caring authority and experience. My narrative presentation is crisp and well paced. People hear their patient advocate, counselor, school teacher, grandmothers and wicked step moms when I speak. I have an authoritative tone that personifies maternal concern as well as professorial knowing.
My dramatic characterizations range from intense and menacing to airy and lilting. My pitchwoman spiel is rapid fire and intriguing. I have a soft, whispery timbre that can also be either child like or sexy. My voice is very expressive and well suited to refined innuendo and insinuation.
Whether you need to hear the female voice of calm and authority, I can deliver.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
• English - Other
• French - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Georgia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Wanda Sykes/Loretta Devine sound alike.
Various Southern US regional dialects
Characters: African-American, urban, New England, suburbanite, English villager, small child, old crone, high society dame, professor or instructor, school girl.
My Voice Experience
I have hosted an on-air podcast for the blind via AIRS-LA since 2012. Previously I was on-air talent for the Georgia Radio Reading Service for the Blind (GARRS) (Atlanta, GA) for a year.
I was also a recording studio producer, monitor, proofer and reader for the American Printing House for the Blind (Louisville, KY) for several years. I was involved in the production of more than 320 audio books and magazines.
Currently, I proof audio books on a per project basis.
AUDIO PERFORMANCE AND PRODUCTION
I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communications/Mass Media Arts from Clark College where I was cast as a regular in a student radio drama for NPR Station, WCLK. The various characters I played were usually virginal, naive, young women.
Conference and Group Workshops, Coaching and Seminars include:
Cynthia Barrett at Atlanta Voice Coaching - Private and group sessions in voice production and articulation
Pat Fraley - Workshop Coach
*Atlanta Melt Down - Ensemble Voice Acting
Paul Alan Reuben
*Medical Mumbo Jumbo
Crispin Freeman - Workshop Presenter
*Anime Voice Acting
MJ Lallo - Workshop Coach
*How to Win Roles in Animation Casting
Tee Morris - Instructor
*Podcasting from Script to iTunes.
September Day Leach Carter - Workshop Presenter
*Beginning Voice Over Workshop September Day Leach Carter.
George Lowe, Jr. - Presenter
* Voice Acting
Bob Carter - Coach:
*Commercial VO's & Making $$$ For Being You.
*Industrial Narration & Making $$$ by Telling Others What To Do
*Political VO & Making $$$ for Slingin' Mud in 2012
FREELANCE WRITING, JOURNALSIM & PUBLIC RELATIONS - CONVOLUTED DATA & SCIENTIFIC LINGO - NO PROBLEM:
Good at dissecting verbose medical and technical material.
*Currently, classified as a science and medical writer by the Centers for Disease Control.
*Formerly, a daily news writer/newspaper reporter for The Louisville Times, The Atlanta Journal, The Brentford & Chiswick Times (UK) and a magazine writer for Le Metro (Paris). I worked in PR for The Atlanta Bureau of Police
BUSINESS, LEGAL AND TECHNICAL JARGON - NO PROBLEM
* Master of Science degree in Business from Central Michigan University.
*Completed the first year of law school at the George Washington University where I earned a master's certificate in Global Contract Management. For more than a decade I was a Regional Manager of Contract Negotiations for AT&T and Lucent Technologies.
*Paralegal Certificate from the University of Georgia
My Studio Equipment
Studio Booth: 6'x 4' professional booth from Vocal Booths to Go
Microphones: Neumann TLM 102, Blue Yeti, Apogee MiC
Preamp: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Software: Twisted Wave, Izotope RX4, Audacity, Studio One Artist
Phone Patch via Skype or ooVoo. 24 hours notice required for ISDN. ISDN priced separately.
Computers: Studio/MAC Mini; Editing/Custom Gateway tower, Gateway NV53 audio enhanced laptop, Dell Inspiron 1521 media enhanced laptop
Remote Kit: iPad 3, Kaotica Eyeball and Twisted Wave.
Assorted other equipment
* Laughs of all intensities.
* Skilled at wry, sarcastic delivery.
* Certified Paralegal - comfortable with Latin phrases and legal terminology
* Class A CDL driver - familiar with trucking and transportation jargon
* Former resident of Paris - Comfortable with French language
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Miss Bee by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Miss Bee is a Standard subscriber.
• Miss Bee was last active on Voice123 123 days ago